Greater Boston is seeking engaging and creative writers of color to join our creative writing team. They would be responsible for working with our core creative team, writing mini-episodes for our podcast feed and/or our Patreon feed. Candidates will be invited to join optional bi-weekly creator meetings and asked to pitch mini-episodes and/or Patreon specials.
The Process to Apply
The Writing Process
Once Selected, this is how you can expect our writing process will function:
- Acceptance: We will provide you with an invitation to our creators Slack and virtual creators meetings (held bi-weekly).
- Pitches: You will provide us with mini-episode and/or Patreon special pitches. We will approve pitches and you will write them.
- First Draft: We will work-shop your first draft in one of our creators meetings (your presence would be preferred, but it is not mandatory).
- First Draft: You will review notes, revise, and submit a final draft.
- Final Revisions: We’ll then collaborate on any final revisions before slating it for production.
Process time from pitch to production can vary. We will compensate you for each completed script.
We will try to honor specific requirements you have for the content you write, and during the casting process for your script, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure that actors are cast to your requirements.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are explicitly looking for writers of color to write with us, in order to help create opportunities for marginalised writers. You do not have to be a published writer to write for us, although we do request examples of your work. We would prefer writers who are familiar with at least some of our show, but you do not have to be an expert or die-hard fan.
Each script completed and approved for the show will be paid $25-$50 US dollars (depending on length). If you are located in the US, we can provide payment via Paypal, Venmo, or check. or If you are overseas-based, we are only able to provide payment via Paypal.
Timeline: Open until filled, but we’re hoping to find someone by Nov. 15 at the latest.